[MlMt] Is it possible to refresh the addressbook data from MailMate?

Mon Aug 21 06:12:29 EDT 2017

On 21 Aug 2017, at 9:45, Jody Foo wrote:

> I use Google's contact service and the Contacts Mac OS app is
> connected to my gmail account. I discovered that after editing and
> adding contacts using
> [BusyContacts](https://www.busymac.com/busycontacts/) (which I use as
> my main contacts manager) that I had to open the Mac OS Contacts app
> for the edits and additions to be synced and made available in
> MailMate.

Hmm, I don't know exactly when MacOS synchronizes contacts. I'm pretty
sure that this does work if using iCloud Contacts, but I might be wrong.

> Is this a limitation of using the system address book, or is it
> possible to trigger a refresh from within MailMate?

I haven't added anything to MailMate which explicitly triggers
synchronization (and I don't know if it is possible at all).

> Or can I add the CardDAV source to MailMate directly using some hidden
> option? Or perhaps even specify a shell command to use for address
> completion (since I already set this up for my experiments with
> command line mail agents)?

That last one is not currently possible, but I've considered adding it.
The GUI (Composer preferences pane) already has a list of
auto-completion sources and I considered adding some kind of
script-based alternative. It's not a high priority though :)