[MlMt] Unattended mode?

Mon Aug 7 09:54:37 EDT 2017

On 1 Aug 2017, at 17:41, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> I run SpamSieve and many sorting rules on my office iMac.  However, I
> travel a lot, which means that when MailMate displays and blocks while
> waiting for a response, all of that stops working for an extended
> period.  Getting rid of modal dialog boxes entirely would certainly
> help, but sometimes an important account is affected.

Yes, (most of) the modal dialog boxes are embarrassing for me, but it
would still be a problem for you if the problems are related to accounts
that you need (since the alternative is to temporarily take an account
off line and wait for user feedback in a non-modal dialog).

> Is there any way to see and respond to dialog boxes from a remote
> command line?

I *think* it would be possible using AppleScript. Maybe even by simply
sending a “Return” to the front-most window (although you might want
to “hit” a “Cancel” button depending on the problem).