[MlMt] Editing previous sent addresses

Tue Apr 25 05:34:22 EDT 2017

On 25 Apr 2017, at 6:32, Dave C wrote:

> I sent a message to the wrong address awhile ago. Now when I start to
> address a new message, that incorrect one always shows up. It’s
> distracting.
>
> In Apple Mail one could edit that list.

Apple Mail has an explicit list of previous recipients. MailMate just
looks at your existing Sent Messages.

> How can I delete that address from MM?

You can delete or move the wrongly sent message.

I've also added a blacklist manager in the test release, but I don't
think I've gotten any feedback on it yet. I'm not sure if that means it
works well or not :) If you have an address entered in a Composer window
then there is a menu available by clicking on the down-arrow at the far
right of the address. This should show an “Add/Remove xxx from/to
Blacklist” menu item (depending on whether the email address is
already blacklisted). The same menu item is available in the headers
view of messages displayed in the main window.

Since MailMate does not (yet) synchronize the blacklist between installs
of MailMate then blacklisting only works locally. In this case,
deleting/removing the original email is still the only solution (or
using some other way to copy the `Blacklist.plist` file).