[MlMt] The amazing reappearing preview pane

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Sat Sep 24 10:56:42 EDT 2016

Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote (at 5:30 on 24 Sep 2016):

> On 24 Sep 2016, at 7:45, John Cooper wrote:
>
>> I use the recommended styling method and the "Generate HTML even if
>> only for styling" box is checked.
>
> The latter is not the default. It'll trigger all messages to have an
> HTML alternative generated. This is the only way to ensure that the
> configured theme is applied to all outgoing messages. Most users
> shouldn't do that in my opinion. When possible, a simple plain text
> message is what works best for most recipients. (An HTML signature
> would also trigger this behavior.)

Thanks, Benny. I've unchecked the box, which I must have checked in
error some time in the distant past.

Ultimately, it would be helpful to be able to revert to defaults
selectively, or at least to have the default values noted in the docs,
so that one can reverse mistaken configurations like this without
throwing out every custom setting one ever made. (This is intended as
more suggestion than complaint.)