[MlMt] The amazing reappearing preview pane

Sat Sep 24 01:38:13 EDT 2016

On 24 Sep 2016, at 0:56, John Cooper wrote:

> When I'm in a message composer window and I hide the preview pane, I
> type a few characters, and the preview pane simply reappears. It
> doesn't appear to be related to any particular key or key combination.
> I don't suppose anybody else has seen this?

I think it’s documented somewhere (maybe on the `twopointoh` page?),
but I think this is what’s happening.

By default, when you type a message, it’s just plain text and stays
that way *unless* you type something that Markdown can turn into HTML.
Then, the message becomes multi-part and the preview pane appears so you
can see what the HTML part will look like.

For example, this message had no preview pane until I typed the ticks
above. I like this personally, but that’s because I expect it and use
it.

I don’t see anything obvious in your message that would trigger this,
but the line at the bottom is obviously an HTML `<hr>` and not just a
string of text, so maybe it’s something in your signature?

In any case, you might want to experiment with the options under
Preferences → Composer → Preview: Display.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/