[MlMt] Gmail and throttling

Richard Rettke pc8xtebtkw at snkmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:13:55 EDT 2016

On 23 Sep 2016, at 12:43, Vincent Danen vdanen at linsec.ca  wrote:

> I have a Google Apps account and it seems to be "throttled" all the
> time to the point where I'm often not seeing new emails at all.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?  Do I have too many clients talking to
> gmail (I have mailmate on this machine and my other workstation open,
> plus my phone and ipad polling it) and that's what's making Google
> angry?
>
> My corporate IMAP work account is awesome and works fine, just seems
> to be Google.  Sad thing is that account may be moving to Google in
> the next year and I really can't have mails just not showing up.  This
> didn't seem to ever happen with 1.9.4 though so I'm not sure what's
> going on.  Am I the only one seeing this or are others seeing it as
> well?

I have numerous gmail accounts in MailMate (1.9.5) and on 2 other
machines (another MailMate and another Thunderbird), as well as iPhone
and 3 iPads. I do not see any throttling. Email from gmail has never
been 'instantaneous' but it has usually been 'pretty darn quick'.

__*Richard Rettke*__
*Laus Deo*
*Non sibi sed patriae*

https://about.me/rerettke