[MlMt] 1.9.5 (5263) and counters

Thu Sep 15 15:18:35 EDT 2016

On 15 Sep 2016, at 19:03, Eric A. Meyer wrote:

> I just got the 1.9.5 update, and the change list is impressive!  One
> thing that snagged me, though: some of the new default counter colors
> make it really hard to read the numbers within-- specifically, the
> mustard yellow and light-ish green counters, which I'm using because I
> prefer my most-commonly-seen counters at the bottom of the dock icon
> instead of the top.
>
> Is there a hidden preference or something that would let me define my
> own colors, or rotate these new colors, or go back to the old colors?

The Counters preferences pane lacks a way to change the color, but it
*is* possible. MailMate saves the settings here:

	defaults read com.freron.MailMate MmCounters

I believe you can edit the output of the above and then replace it using

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmCounters '...'

See `man defaults` for more. (I haven't checked to see if this really
works.)