[MlMt] Tags/Keywords and Gmail Labels

Jim McCarty huckncatch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 01:54:18 EDT 2016

On 12 Sep 2016, at 22:47, Jim McCarty wrote:

> On 12 Sep 2016, at 2:39, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 10 Sep 2016, at 22:42, Jim McCarty wrote:
>>
>> (The most important thing is that it works for you if you create the
>> tag including the Gmail label before starting to tag messages.)
>
> I haven't tried that, just did. After setting a Tag with all three
> entries set to `disc`, I created a smart mailbox to see the messages
> for that Tag. All I see are the three messages from my [Gmail]/Sent
> Mail folder which were not in the `disc` folder, none of the other
> messages are accessible, even when searching for specific subject
> words (`disc-l`), all I get then are messages I sent ([Gmail/Sent
> Mail) to the list that I didn't keep around in the `disc` folder.

So, after removing the entire Tag entry from the preferences, I needed
to restart MailMate to see my disc folder again. I remember that such an
action would not make any changes to current messages but instead, my
smart mailbox now shows 6 messages: the three from the sent folder and
their corresponding messages I kept from the mailing list. Apparently
these all still have the Keyword and the smart mailbox reflects that but
there's no indication in the header display(like there is when the
keyword is set in Tags Preferences.

Jim