[MlMt] Stop automatic download of incoming messages

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sat Sep 10 14:04:28 EDT 2016

On 9 Sep 2016, at 12:54, Esteban Umerez Argaia wrote:

> A ‘Do not disturb’ button for MailMate would be wonderful,
> certainly.

Yes.

One of the few serious gaps in MM is the fact that you can only take
source accounts online and offline by selecting them in the Sources
list. It would be nice to have (like TBird and Outlook and Mail.app) a
menu command to flip the online/offline switch for all accounts at once
or individually, akin to the File->Synchronize menu.

Something I do as an alternative when I need to focus on extended
writing of email or anything else is to use my laptop (smaller screen,
weaker hardware, no wired network) instead of my desktop and flip the
WiFi off. MailMate immediately notices, switches all sources to
"disconnected", and stops doing any noticeable background work. It
probably helps that I am old enough that using a computer without a
network doesn't feel heretical.