[MlMt] Going online/offline

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Sep 9 17:41:42 EDT 2016

I know that I can take a mailbox online and offline by right-clicking on
the source icon for it.  There are two problems with that.

First, when I right-click on the icon (which I do by a two-finger tap on
my trackpad, if that makes a difference), it tries to assemble a display
of all messages from that source, in all folders.  That's a great thing
to do on a single-tap, but to me a double-tap shouldn't shift focus, it
should just call up the attribute menu.  Second, I have ~8 mailboxes; if
I want to go offline completely (and I sometimes do, such as right now
when I'm in a low-bandwidth environment), I don't want to have to scroll
down to all eight and go through the time-consuming double-tap/select
process.

Apart from fixing the focus change (and I don't know if that's
technically feasible), would it be possible to have Offline and Online
entries in the File menu, with both an "All" option and entries for
individual mailboxes?