[MlMt] Contacts, VIPs as Mailbox Conditions

Jamie Phelps jamie at jamiephelps.com
Wed Sep 7 11:06:01 EDT 2016

I want to set up a mailbox whose Conditions require that the from email address be found in my Contacts. Bonus points for being able to filter by VIPs. As an extension of this, being able to group submailboxes by the contact person (regardless of what email address or name is attached to the mail message itself) would be aces.

In Mail.app, I have a few Smart Mailboxes set up that I use to triage my email. If I only have a moment, I check my VIP Inbox. If I have a little more time, I look at what's in my Contacts Inbox. (The Contacts Inbox is keyed to a Smart Group in Contacts whose only criterion is that the email address contains an @ symbol. MailMate could remove this step.) Then, I look for important domains like my work domain. Finally, I check a last bucket that has everything else. This last bucket gets processed a couple times per week only but my others get processed at least once per day.

I know there have been other requests for Contacts and Groups related things, but to me, this is one of the simple ways that MailMate is still slightly deficient for how I triage my email and being able to set Contacts presence as a Condition for a mailbox would be fantastic.

Thanks!
Jamie

--
Jamie Phelps, smartsure and cocksure