[MlMt] Feature Request: BCC warning/intro

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 10:45:55 EDT 2016

On 7 Sep 2016, at 10:11, Patrik Fältström wrote:

> On 7 Sep 2016, at 15:47, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 7 Sep 2016, at 9:54, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>>
>>> One thing that I think it was Eudora that introduced, was to add a
>>> "signature" at the beginning of the message body that read:
>>>
>>> "IMPORTANT! This message has been blind-carbon-copied to you. Do not
>>> reply-to-all or forward it without the author's permission."
>>
>> I guess that makes sense, but it's not so easily added to MailMate.

Honestly, BCC is risky enough, even with a warning like that, that I
generally don't use it. If I want to secretly loop someone in on an
email I'm sending to someone else, I usualy send the message and then
forward my own copy of it to the person I might have BCCed. All the
benefits of secret backchannel communication, none of the risks of
getting outed by an accidental reply-all ;)

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com