[MlMt] Behavior upon deleting an open message

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Mon Oct 24 15:34:29 EDT 2016

On 24 Oct 2016, at 8:39, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> Whether or not this setting is enabled I do think that MailMate should
> select the “next” message just as if the action had been done in
> the mailbox window. Disabling such behavior is already a separate
> setting:
> defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmMessagesOutlineMoveStrategy
> -string "none"

This doesn’t seem to exist now in MM2.

(PS Note the disappearing blank line before the shell command in the
quoted text there.)

> In other words, I'd like the default behavior to be that the single
> message window is closed on all types of move actions and that
> MailMate always moves to the “next” message in the message list.
> It is then optional to keep the window open (when possible, that is,
> more messages in the mailbox exists). Moving to the “next” message
> can then be disabled for users preferring to always explicitly select
> messages.

I’d like MM to both close the window and move to the next message when
I delete/move, which sounds like your default too. I’d keep the
message window closed myself, though I could see why some might want it
to open on the newly selected message.

John