[MlMt] Viewing text vs HTML part of message

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Oct 23 17:21:46 EDT 2016

On 23 Oct 2016, at 16:53, Charlie Garrison wrote:

> On 22 Oct 2016, at 2:45, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> This seems like an excessively complex alternative to the "Prefer
>> plain text" checkbox in the Preferences->Viewer pane...
>
> But doesn’t that apply to all mailboxes?

Yes. Which is how the FSM intended all email to be and to be read: plain
text in the One True Encoding, US-ASCII. :)

> I don’t want plain-text for __everything__, just one mailbox, so I
> can rid of overly big html/images (feels like its inspired by
> Facebook) from new mailing list system.

I see no way to do that. I *had* thought it might be possible with the
"All Message Subparts" mailbox but apparently "All" does not include the
top-level subparts of a multipart/alternative as separate subparts.