[MlMt] Viewing text vs HTML part of message

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Oct 21 15:41:02 EDT 2016

On 21 Oct 2016, at 14:45, Paul Sture wrote:
[...]
> I couldn't find my definitions in the Shortcuts within System
> Preferences -> Keyboard, so looked in the MailMate plist:
>
> ~/Library/Prefences/com.freron.MailMate.plist
>
> The relevant entries are here:
>
> 	<key>NSUserKeyEquivalents</key>
> 	<dict>
> 		<key>Next Alternative</key>
> 		<string>^<</string>
> 		<key>Previous Alternative</key>
> 		<string>^$<</string>
> 	</dict>
>
> Now, should I simply delete that lot,

If you're on a recent MacOS (since Lion?), editing a "live" Preferences
plist is not reliably functional and can be dangerous. It *can* work,
but cfprefsd is not friendly to those who touch its files...

> or is there a better way via the 'defaults delete' command?

The NSUserKeyEquivalents dictionary is where  System
Preferences->Keyboard->App Shortcuts stores per-app shortcuts, so maybe
double-check there?

A bit of testing tells me that if there's a NSUserKeyEquivalents dict in
com.freron.MailMate that has been entirely added by hand with
'defaults', System Preferences->Keyboard does not see it, and adding any
new shortcut obliterates the existing dictionary. However, if there's an
existing shortcut created by System Preferences->Keyboard,
NSUserKeyEquivalents exists and can be added to AND System
Preferences->Keyboard will see the additions.

So it might work for you to add a MailMate shortcut in System
Preferences->Keyboard and then delete it. The advantage of this is that
System Preferences->Keyboard knows some magic for alerting MailMate
and/or cfprefsd to the change in realtime which 'defaults' does not.