[MlMt] Viewing text vs HTML part of message

Paul Sture mailmt at techchat.ch
Fri Oct 21 14:45:55 EDT 2016

On 21 Oct 2016, at 19:20, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 21 Oct 2016, at 11:46, John D. Muccigrosso wrote:

>>> This seems like an excessively complex alternative to the "Prefer
>>> plain text" checkbox in the Preferences->Viewer pane...
>>
>> OTOH, a nice little toolbar icon that switched between versions
>> wouldn’t be bad.
>
> If a keyboard equivalent is any solace: Cmd-Option-] and Cmd-Option-[
> switch among the alternatives of a multipart/alternative message.

Right on topic for me here.

When I first started using MailMate I remapped those shortcuts to suit a
Swiss keyboard (both [ and ] require <Option> on a Swiss keyboard), but
I am currently trying out a US keyboard and would like to restore the
default shortcuts for Next Alternative and Previous Alternative.

I couldn't find my definitions in the Shortcuts within System
Preferences -> Keyboard, so looked in the MailMate plist:

~/Library/Prefences/com.freron.MailMate.plist

The relevant entries are here:

	<key>NSUserKeyEquivalents</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Next Alternative</key>
		<string>^<</string>
		<key>Previous Alternative</key>
		<string>^$<</string>
	</dict>

Now, should I simply delete that lot, or is there a better way via the
'defaults delete' command?

I honestly cannot remember how I defined these shortcuts in the first
place.