[MlMt] read mail threads becomes unread again ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 05:43:29 EST 2016

On 15 Nov 2016, at 9:41, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 15 Nov 2016, at 0:18, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> I've now noticed several times that mail threads i'm 110% I've
>> already marked read in both
>> mailmate and iOS native mail client suddenly pops up back again as
>> unread.
>>
>> The unread status is not just in mailmate, it is also visible on
>> google mail and in iOS native client.
>>
>> It seem to only happen when I have thread that is marked read, but
>> then one or more emails gets added
>> and bam - the old ones gets to be unread again.
>>
>> Anyone know what might be causing it ?
>
> It doesn't sounds like something MailMate could accidentally do and it
> would also be hard to accidentally setup a rule to provide this
> behavior.
>
> I don't know if it could be a Gmail feature? Or maybe a feature of
> another email client used with the same account?

doh - I figured it out. stupid iOS 10 thread view.

It shows me the latest unread message but when I go mark it unread it
defaults to mark the whole thread unread instead of the individual
message.

That is at least what I think causes it.

For those who might bump into the same issue then remember to touch the
small ">>" header to expand the thread instead of opening the thread -
then you can mark messages individually.

sorry for that noise!

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen