[MlMt] Mailbox jump-up on click

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Fri Nov 11 11:59:18 EST 2016

Hello all,

I've been having a strange problem with MailMate mailboxes.  When I try
to click on the mailbox pane, sometimes the mailbox pane scrolls upward
about a message; other times not.  This is hard to clearly explain, so I
created some videos showing it not happening, and then happening.

<http://meyerweb.com/vid/2016/mailmate-stable.mov> -- this is now things
should act, I believe.
<http://meyerweb.com/vid/2016/mailmate-jump.mov> -- note how the
scrollbar moves when the mailbox pane is clicked; I am _not_ clicking
and dragging there, and can trigger the behavior with either an external
mouse (what i used in the video) or the touchpad.

The problem isn't 100% reproducible for me, but I was able to trigger it
pretty consistently by turning Distortion Mode off and then back on.

Even without any Distortion Mode changes, it seems to happen whenever
new messages have arrived in the mailbox, but I'm not sure that it
happens every time.  And once I've seen the jump-up and then scrolled
back down to the bottom, it doesn't seem to happen again until a new
message comes in.  (If that is in fact the trigger.)

Anyone else seeing something similar?  Better still, know why it might
be happening and how to prevent it?  This is in El Capitan, if that
helps at all.

--
Eric A. Meyer - http://meyerweb.com/