[MlMt] Where did my window go?

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Mon May 30 13:03:06 EDT 2016

On 30 May 2016, at 12:49, Frank Arocha wrote:

> Something strange happened after I connected an external display to my
> MBA and then disconnected the display. The viewer window disappeared.
> Tried open new one and nothing happens. Same with bring all to front.
> Activity viewer and address panel ok. And connecting the display back
> does nothing. I thought it had gone to another desktop but nothing
> there either. Also tried replying to a message selected from the menu
> to see if something happened but, again, nothing. Any clues?

Sometimes, when I disconnect an external display, a window will move far
beyond the lower left corner of my remaining display that I can barely
see its top right corner. It makes it seem like the window is no longer
there, unless I see the couple of pixels poking out of the lower left
corner, manage to click on them, and drag the window back into view.

Have you tried using Exposé/Mission Control to see if the window will
appear then?

Sherif