[MlMt] Gmail source is unavailable

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Mon May 9 22:15:56 EDT 2016

If you're doing 'telnet imap.gmail.com imap' you're trying for the
unencrypted IMAP port.  I don't think Google supports that.  Asking
for 993 or the imaps protocol gets the encrypted version -- but you
can't comprehensibly talk to that port via telnet.  Try

	openssl s_client -connect imap.gmail.com:imaps

instead.

For your underlying problem, you may want to go to "Edit IMAP Account"
and explicitly specify port 993.  You shouldn't have to, but...