[MlMt] 3 (little?) setup errors

Mon May 9 08:19:37 EDT 2016

On 6 May 2016, at 20:03, Mike Petonic wrote:

> I'm getting little errors when I run MailMate from iTerm. I'm
> wondering if there are quick fixes or if I have something elementary
> wrong with my setup.
>
> Worst case, would I have to blow away my ~/Library/Application
> Support/MailMail library and start creating my customizations from
> new?  I'd hate to do that, but I'll do it if I can.

Don't do that. We'll figure it out. I'm pretty sure it's related to you
also having run the private beta. This enables a preference which also
affects the behavior of 1.9.4. The easiest for me to do is probably to
fix the issue you have with the private beta (reported off list). I'll
look into that.

> Also, when I receive calendar events from my colleagues using Outlook
> on Windows, I get the following:
>
> 	Warning: Unable to handle alternative in multipart of MIME type:
> 'text/calendar'

Thanks to Bill for already explaining the essence of this issue. The
warning is generic and just pops up whenever MailMate sees an
“alternative” it cannot “handle” (MailMate only handles
`text/html`, `text/plain` and some really old ones nobody uses anymore).

> And finally, I'm not able to use the GAL from Windows in MailMate.  I
> can see the GAL (Global Address List) in my Contacts.app and I can
> search for names from there, but I can't use it in the "Address
> Lookup" button at the top of a compose window.
>
> Any quick tips?

I've checked the API for the address lookup panel and as far as I can
see there is nothing I can enable for this to work. Does it also not
work when completing addresses in the text field?