[MlMt] Cannot delete 4000 messages. Instead, they get moved, and become un-deletable.

Fri May 6 06:05:19 EDT 2016

On 6 May 2016, at 4:49, Roger Bohn wrote:

> 1. I had about 4200 messages in Deleted Messages folder.
> Question: Do these ever get deleted automatically? Apparently not.

No.

> 5. Looking into the STUFF folder, I have 4000 red messages, plus 900
> messages that were there earlier today. *Attempting to delete these
> messages does nothing - they remain in STUFF, and they remain red.*
>
> What am I doing wrong? How do I get MailMate to delete messages from
> the server, and from my Mac?

It sounds like one or more of your mailboxes are not online. Check under
SOURCES in the mailbox list that no mailboxes are greyed out.

If a message is displayed completely in red in the message list then it
means that it's pending to be deleted on the server. Usually this would
be synchronized very quickly and the message would disappear. Either the
related mailbox is not online or this synchronization somehow fails.

The reason it seems something was moved back is probably that the
original move (to Deleted Messages) was never synchronized. When
deleting it the second time then MailMate skips the move and tries to
delete the message in its original mailbox. This indicates that
“Deleted Messages” (and maybe the other folder too) is not online.

I hope this helps.