[MlMt] Odd message on upgrade

Mon Mar 28 09:07:50 EDT 2016

On 28 Mar 2016, at 14:35, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> On 28 Mar 2016, at 8:04, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 20 Mar 2016, at 18:55, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>>
>>> I'd been away from my office for several days.  When I came back,
>>> there was the (expected) upgrade pop-up.  I clicked to upgrade and
>>> got the attached response.  I quite MailMate, restarted, got the
>>> upgrade prompt again, and all went well.
>>
>> The error message essentially describes what probably happened.
>
> Right, but not why -- why did the upgrade vanish?

This is how the folder for temporary files works. The files are
automatically deleted when they reach a certain age. I don't know if the
answer provided
[here](http://superuser.com/questions/187071/in-mac-os-x-how-often-is-tmp-deleted)
is up to date, but it probably still works somewhat similar to that.