[MlMt] frequent crashes and freezes, + earlier keyboard lag

Ted Byfield tedbyfield at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 22:07:52 EDT 2016

Hi --

I've been seeing a rising tide of unexpected quits and freezes (as in,
spinning rainbow pizzas of death). The first sign of this was unexpected
quits that happened when I tried to edit replies in GPG-encrypted
conversations, but since then the problems have become much more common
-- roughly 1 out of 3 times I interact with Mailmate at all, including
something as simple as pulling clicking on a menubar counter.

 From time immemorial the generic advice for fixing this kind of problem
for any app(lication) was: reinstall it! But I use Mailmate to check
several accounts, so I'd really like to keep the amount of work involved
to a bare minimum. Is there a clear set of steps I should follow to try
to solve this problem?

One possible clue: for a long time before these crashes/freezes started
happening, I was seeing keyboard lag problems -- sometimes a periodic
lag of a second or two while I'm typing a message.

Thanks!