[MlMt] Receiving "Bad Command Argument Error"

Thu Mar 3 15:15:49 EST 2016

On 3 Mar 2016, at 17:12, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 3 Mar 2016, at 15:35, Jack Brannen wrote:
>
>> I use and love Mailmate but am having trouble with error messages
>> about some archive folders of mine.
>>
>> http://take.ms/Q5jNA
>
> IMAP Exchange has some very primitive error messages. It essentially
> just says `BAD` no matter what the problem is.
>
> If you hold down ⇧ when you click “Retry” then MailMate
> generates a log file of your retry attempt on the Desktop. You can
> send that to me off list.

Thanks for the log. This is the problem:

	19:20:43 C: I6 APPEND "Archive Test" (\Seen) "21-Aug-2015 15:43:47
-0500" {42430418}

MailMate tries to upload a large message and the Exchange server cannot
handle it. The `"BAD"` response is incorrect, but as I noted Exchange
IMAP returns `"BAD"` for any type of problem. Select the mailbox and
enable the Size column to help you locate it (View ▸ Columns). You
need to delete it permanently to make it work. You can drag it out of
MailMate first if you still need the message. Then hold down ⌥ and
select “Message ▸ Delete Now”.

Since you had issues with multiple mailboxes then you might have
multiple large messages.