[MlMt] Missing messages from gmail server

Harvey Leff hsleff at cpp.edu
Thu Mar 3 01:30:59 EST 2016

I have a gmail account for which some messages seemed to disappear from
MailMate; i.e., when I searched for them, they were no longer there.

However, when I logged into gmail via the web, the messages DID show on
the gmail server. So I then used the Rebuild Database Terminal command

rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/MailMate/*.tmp printf "OldDatabase" >
~/Library/Application\ Support/MailMate/.rebuild.tmp

to re-sync the entire database. After the rebuild, the  messages that
were missing initially STILL were not in MailMate.

Some numbers for comparison:

Gmail server:
	All Mail 91411
	Sent 3899
MailMate:
	All Messages 8210
	Sent Messages 4854

Any ideas on why such (large) differences should exist and how this can
be rectified? Thanks.

Harvey Leff
Portland, Oregon USA