[MlMt] "throttled" source ?

Gary Hull YH82d7dfU at yandex.com
Thu Jun 30 21:42:28 EDT 2016

On 30 Jun 2016, at 15:59, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> This morning i'm noticing I'm  missing some mails in various folders.
> I could see them on the online archives of mailing lists, and they are
> available on gmail directly but in mailmate they where not there.
>
> I thought my source might be offline, but it is not instead it says
> "throttled".
>
> What does that mean ?  and how can I make it non-throttled ? :)

The throttling probably comes from Google's side. I use an SEO rank
checker called Advanced Web Ranking, which crawls Google, submitting
searches for terms you input and checking to see if your website is
ranking for those terms. The AWR developers limit the requests and
randomize their frequency, but nevertheless Google will sometimes detect
the crawling and throttle them, or cut your IP address off altogether. I
assume that they do this with e-mail accesses from IMAP clients also. In
the case of AWR, the software reports back to the developers and they
update the intervals in order to outsmart Google, but with MailMate
you'd just have to manually reset the frequency. You might be
exacerbating the problem if you are manually and obsessively choosing
Synchronize in MailMate or if you have another e-mail client
simultaneously synchronizing.