[MlMt] MailMate so slow it locks up

Sat Jun 25 08:38:29 EDT 2016

On 25 Jun 2016, at 13:38, Alex Bligh wrote:

>> On the other hand, I could be wrong: Benny may have MM behaving in a
>> special way for a 1st synch.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is not Cyrus saying 'go away' as (per above)
> Mail.app happily launches multiple connections. My proxy even reports
> regularly how many connections are open when using that.

Just for the record, MailMate does not explicitly behave differently
during an initial sync, but it does reduce the number of connections
when it detects trouble (I cannot recall the details, but it's some kind
of heuristic behavior). Apparently this is triggered in this case
although I'm not sure why.

> Presumably you want me to wipe the local copy of the mailspool first?
> I can do that if you tell me how (starting Mailmate just beachballs at
> the moment).

Starting over completely requires wiping out this folder:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/

I'll write you off list about some other things we can try to see what
makes MailMate behave worse with your setup than others.