[MlMt] Updating account information made MailMate (re)download *all* email

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Wed Jul 27 20:37:52 EDT 2016

On 27 Jul 2016, at 0:50, Guy Boanas wrote:

> I am having a similar problem with the FastMail connection (for a few
> days) via Mailmate. Help appreciated.

What I chose to do is to start with a fresh install of MailMate. I kept
a copy of my keybindings file and `Tags.plist`, removed everything else,
and set everything up from scratch. I haven't had any issues since.

That's a drastic solution though, and you may not want to do this
depending on your connection speed and bandwidth, and level of
customization (although there are ways to [copy those over][files]). If
it's not a major problem, you could wait to hear back from Benny.

[files]: https://lists.freron.com/mailmate/2016-July/006483.html

That said, I am happy to report that it took very little time to
re-configure everything to the way it was. I'm not nearly as much a
power user of MailMate's intense features as some are on this list, but
I have keybindings, tags, my preferred default columns and layout, and
settings. It took a few minutes to get MailMate set up the way I like
it, downloading emails aside.

Sherif