[MlMt] tagging issues

Robert Brenstein rjb at uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jul 14 20:07:52 EDT 2016

I have created a smart mailbox called Tagged:

mailboxes: all messages
conditions: tags exists
submailboxes: submailbox for each value of tags
displayed count: all

What I see is

Tagged: 517
    Other: 171
    ToDo: 9
    ToRead: 342

Question 1: what is that "Other" tag? I have defined only 2 tags,
ToDo and ToRead.

Question 2: a few hours ago, when I closed the computer at work, the
ToDo tag had a count of 5. I just switched the computer on at home
and after mail sync the count do ToDo tags jumped to 9. Mailmate
assigned that tag to 4 new emails on its own. How can I stop such
undesired behavior?

Question 3: The count on the mailbox should be 346 not 517 -- all the
mails in the Other submailbox have one or the other of my tags, so
why are they counted twice?

Question 4: the submailbox for ToDo shows 5 mails that have both tags
set. However, in the submailbox for ToRead, I see only 3 of those
mails with 2 tags. Is there a reason for this inconsistency?

Robert