[MlMt] Submailbox naming

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Mon Jul 4 11:13:14 EDT 2016

On 4 Jul 2016, at 10:14, John D. Muccigrosso wrote:

> That's the default I was talking about. I'm trying to get the account
> name, not the mailbox title. So "gmail" instead of INBOX, for example.
>
> John Muccigrosso
>
>> On Jul 3, 2016, at 16:51, Mike Brasch <mikebrasch at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>>
>> On 3 Jul 2016, at 19:17, John D. Muccigrosso wrote:
>>
>>> I’m trying to name sub mailboxes to a smart mailbox by the account
>>> name. The default os source.path results in several with the same
>>> name “INBOX”, which of course isn’t very helpful.
>>>
>>> What’s the magic word to use here (if there is one)?
>>
>> Source > Path > Noinbox

Playing around a bit with this and I tried using the options from the
“for each unique value of” drop-down menu. Still not getting me the
“Description” for each account, but at least I can tell which is
which. Here’s what I’m currently using:

${#source.server.user/%40/@/}

which pulls the user name and returns the @ to its original form instead
of the encoded %40 that gets reported originally. I’ve also got that
dropdown set to “Source > Server” which for me results in one
sub-mailbox for each account I have.

Another one I was playing with pulls the server address parts:

${#source.server.domain.second-level}.${#source.server.domain.top-level}

to yield something like “gmail.com”, but since I have two gmail
accounts, that wasn’t specific enough.

Again, I’d prefer to show the same Description that gets pulled from
my Internet Accounts System pref pane.

John