[MlMt] Workaround for sending a link from Safari via MailMate

David Shepherdson david at shepherdson.name
Thu Jan 28 15:58:19 EST 2016

On 27 Jan 2016, at 19.32, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> I don't think there is a better way and this is also why I dislike the
> “digest” option for anything but read-only usage.
>
> I was going to write that there is no formal digest format, but it
> appears an [RFC](https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1153) actually
> describes a somewhat standard format. If the `Message-ID` is provided
> for each message then the problem appears to be that MailMate is not
> smart enough to handle these digest messages. When replying to a
> digest message then MailMate should identify its subparts and ask the
> user which one to reply to. It should then setup the correct subject
> line, in-reply-to header, skip the subject-warning, etc.

It turns out, there *is* actually a way to do this in MailMate, I’ve
found: the All Messages folder has an All Message Subparts sub-folder,
in which each individual message from a digest appears. This seems to be
a ‘special’ folder (in that I can’t see any setting in the Edit
Mailbox view that makes it work like this, or a way to set up one of
these in the Mailing Lists smart folder, for example), but it works —
I can select an individual message and reply to it (like I am with this
one!).

So either Benny implemented it and forgot about it :-), or it came for
free as part of another feature. Either way, it works for me!

David