[MlMt] Workaround for sending a link from Safari via MailMate

Wed Jan 27 03:32:50 EST 2016

On 27 Jan 2016, at 6:06, David Shepherdson wrote:

> P.S. As an aside, is there a better way to reply to messages from the
> digest in MailMate than what I did here -- i.e. copying/pasting the
> quoted text and subject line manually, and then being warned by
> MailMate because I changed the subject line in a reply? I tried
> selecting the text in the digest message before replying, in case that
> gave some 'clues', but I still only get the digest header and subject
> in the resultant message.

I don't think there is a better way and this is also why I dislike the
“digest” option for anything but read-only usage.

I was going to write that there is no formal digest format, but it
appears an [RFC](https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1153) actually describes
a somewhat standard format. If the `Message-ID` is provided for each
message then the problem appears to be that MailMate is not smart enough
to handle these digest messages. When replying to a digest message then
MailMate should identify its subparts and ask the user which one to
reply to. It should then setup the correct subject line, in-reply-to
header, skip the subject-warning, etc.