[MlMt] Account offline

John Rakestraw lists at johnrakestraw.com
Sun Jan 24 15:04:42 EST 2016

Hi, List --

I've been using Mailmate without issue for a month or so. One of my accounts (a university account with gmail) has gone offline and I can’t figure out how to bring it back.

I’ve discovered that an attempt to edit the subscriptions for this account produces this error message:

Error: “OAUTH2 error is {"status":"400","schemes":"Bearer","scope":"https://mail.google.com/"}”

A web search for this error message yields this: “This can also happen if you are using an expired token. If that is the case, just re authenticate your user and use the new token.”

I’ve noticed that with the web client, I have to re-authenticate my account every 30 days. I’m wondering if that’s what I need to do now, but I don’t see a way to do that, short of deleting and re-adding the account. (Perhaps it’s relevant that I have two-step authentication on this account.)

I’ve upgraded to R5205, but the problem persists. Any hints?

Thanks —

John