[MlMt] Error: Unable to obtain UID for message at destination mailbox

Fri Jan 22 01:53:55 EST 2016

On 21 Jan 2016, at 23:59, Andrey Ustyuzhanin wrote:

> at one of my accounts I'm constantly receiving this error:
>
> 	MailMate encountered the following error: “Unable to obtain UID for
> message at destination mailbox.”.
> 	Mailbox: “Sent”.
>
> [...]
>
> Are there any ideas what can be done to fix this?

The error is likely related to moving or uploading a message -- and most
likely the latter given that it's the Sent mailbox. Some IMAP servers
are a bit primitive and cannot tell MailMate the identity of the
uploaded message (its UID) on the server after uploading (known as
APPEND in IMAP). It could, of course, also be some kind of MailMate bug.

When the server does not provide the UID automatically then MailMate has
various strategies to obtain it and this is likely to be what fails. In
order to analyze the issue I need you to hold down shift (⇧) when
clicking “Retry”. This should generate a log file on your desktop
which you can send to me using “Help ▸ Send Feedback”. Don't send
it to the list since it's likely to contain email addresses and a small
bit of the uploaded message.

Note that it's likely that each retry attempt results in a new copy of
the message on the server.

You can stop the error messages by deleting the sent message (hold down
⌥ to use “Message ▸ Delete Now”), but I would expect the same
thing to happen again when you send another message.