[MlMt] How to make rules?

Scott Schulz swschulz at astrum.com
Mon Jan 18 15:26:30 EST 2016

wrote:

> Something like that could be useful, but it's not straightforward.
MailMate cannot
> automatically guess which header is needed to match the message. In other
> words, either the menu item needs to be specific like “Add rule based on
sender
> of this email” or MailMate can create a rule with multiple conditions of
which
> the user could delete those not needed. I'll give it some thought.

That would be nice, though for myself I tend to use rules for either groups
or people, so perhaps it could start to make a bit of a decision, e.g.

If List-Id or X-Original-To then the default filter rule would be for the
whole list,
else default filter based on sender

That would work for many of the ones I create at least.

SwS