[MlMt] Junk / not junk

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Sun Jan 17 16:12:51 EST 2016

On 17 Jan 2016, at 14:37, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 17 Jan 2016, at 18:41, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>
>> I am running MailMate with SpamSieve, and of course there are a
>> number of actions on junk that I would like to have clarified.
>>
>> When manually acting on junk/not junk I do:
>
> I'm not sure I understood your list, but there were no question marks
> :-)
>
>> When looking at the selectors I see "markAsJunk:".
>>
>> Is that the same as "Junk State" -> "Junk"?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Is the menu item "Move to Junk" doing both "Junk State" -> "Junk" and
>> move of the message?
>
> Yes. Most users should only need “Move to Junk”. Moving something
> out of junk (no matter how it's done) automatically registers it as
> non-junk with SpamSieve.

To make sure I understand: these two actions, "move to junk" and "move
out of junk", are for use on the machine that has SpamSieve installed.
On other machines that use the same IMAP server, one should use the
"good" and "bad" folders per the SpamSieve instructions, in order to
update SpamSieve's training rules.  Is this all correct?