[MlMt] Gmail: sent drafts are properly moved to Sent Messages

Comic Sans comic.sans at gmx.com
Thu Jan 14 14:13:50 EST 2016

Hi,

I've noticed this weird behavior with Gmail accounts, where saved draft
is not properly moved to Sent Messages after it's been sent.
After sending the saved draft, the message appears both in Drafts and
Sent Messages mailboxes.
If any of these is deleted, the other one is deleted too, so it appears
it is the one and same message, somehow still appearing in Drafts
mailbox.

This happens only with stored drafts, i.e. everything works correctly if
I don't store the draft first, but send it immediately.

Also, sometimes an error message appears, saying:

> Failed to move message
> Server response: “J38 NO [ALERT] Cannot MOVE messages out of the
> Drafts folder (Failure)”. Command attempted: “J38 UID MOVE 4756
> "[Gmail]/Sent Mail"”.
> Tip: Open the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0) before retrying. The IMAP log
> file might provide additional information.

After following the instructions, this is what appears in the Activity
Viewer:

> 18:49:39 C: J11 LIST "[Gmail]" ""
> 18:49:39 S: * LIST (\Noselect) "/" "/"
> 18:49:39 S: J11 OK Success
> 18:49:39 C: J12 UID MOVE 4756 "[Gmail]/Sent Mail"
> 18:49:40 S: J12 NO [ALERT] Cannot MOVE messages out of the Drafts
> folder (Failure)
> 18:49:40 Error: Server response: “J12 NO [ALERT] Cannot MOVE
> messages out of the Drafts folder (Failure)”. Command attempted:
> “J12 UID MOVE 4756 "[Gmail]/Sent Mail"”.
> 18:49:40 C: J13 NAMESPACE
> 18:49:40 S: * NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL NIL
> 18:49:40 S: J13 OK Success
> 18:49:40 Error code: 1016
> 18:49:40 Failed action (1009). Reset observed read/write timeouts: 8/8

In this case, retry never succeeds, it always fails the same.
Also, after cancelling move, the message will not appear in Sent
Messages, although it will be sent. It will only appear in the Drafts
mailbox.
I've tried to search for this problem first, but nobody else seems to
have reported it. Also tried to see if something is wrong in my setup,
but everything seems to be configured as recommended and everything else
works fine.

Thanks for any help,