[MlMt] MailMate, Gmail and iOS/iPhone

Comic Sans comic.sans at gmx.com
Thu Jan 14 13:35:12 EST 2016

On 6 Jan 2016, at 15:02, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> Sorry about the late reply. The first message was fine for HTML
> capable email clients, but for some reason it did not contain a plain
> text alternative (despite only containing plain text)...

Not at all, thanks for replying.

> MailMate also allows subscribing to “[Gmail]/All Mail” and you
> could then use this as your Archive mailbox. This relies on MailMate
> being able to ignore duplicates (emails existing in other mailboxes)
> which can be quite tricky. Gmail is not very well documented and it's
> certainly not standard IMAP. I write about it
> [here](http://blog.freron.com/2013/mavericks-gmail-apple-mail-and-mailmate/)
> and I've improved on the implementation several times since then —
> but I'm not claiming it works perfectly.

Yeah, I'm aware of that option, but did not really want to go with it as
it doesn't seem to be the officially approved way.

But now I've tried Dispatch app as suggested in the other reply, and it
works quite well. With it archiving can be configured to work as it is
supposed to.

Cheers,