[MlMt] SideBar organisational tabs/menus

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Thu Feb 25 11:18:42 EST 2016

Marc ARC wrote (at 7:01 on 25 Feb 2016):

> For me it would be handy to have an additional MyMailboxes menu/tab in
> the sidebar where I can put the SmartMailboxes I use.
> Could this also benefit other users ?
> Or is there an other elegant way to have similar presentation.

I'll add my comments. I would appreciate an interface where I can keep
MAILBOXES and SOURCES collapsed, and expand only a third section that
contains only my smart mailboxes. (Preferably, this section would be at
the top.) After two years of using MailMate, I still find it distracting
and even a little confusing to have unread-mail counters in two
different places that indicate the same unread mail.

I find it unfortunate that I can't keep Sources collapsed. Even if I do,
it opens up again when I select a message from the menu bar counter.
MailMate's excellent smart mailboxes system means that I should have to
see the source mailboxes (and their duplicate unread counts) only very
rarely.

The same goes for the standard mailboxes in the MAILBOXES section.