[MlMt] Stop mail import

Tue Feb 23 06:07:27 EST 2016

On 23 Feb 2016, at 11:36, Marc ARC wrote:

> I tried to import an old Eudora mailbox which was very successful.
> Unfortunately I picked the wrong file resulting in a 700Mb import :-),
> successfull as I said.
>
> Bad idea I had - consequences I suffer
>
> MM started to sync to the server and I wanted to stop this from
> happening, . . .

You should have taken the mailbox offline then (as a first step). This
can be done for individual mailboxes.

> I first deleted the mails but being impatient I though I had a better
> idea, . . .
> 	I forced quit MM
> 	I trashed the eml files in the ~/MailMate/Messages/... for the given
> IMAP sub folders

Never ever do that!

> Now MM  still deleting the mails from its database, which not so fast
> as the import :-(
>
> - Is there a way to speed this process up ?
> - Is there a way I can reset the database for only 1 IMAP account ?
> Not for all of my accounts ?

No, it's monolithic. It's also very tricky to make a nice recovery
without the files you trashed. I would recommend refetching everything
instead. You can do that by moving/deleting these folders:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Messages
	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Database.noindex
	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Attachments

(I recommend keeping the old Messages folder around until you are sure
you are not missing any messages -- that would be any messages never
uploaded to the IMAP servers for some reason.)

I'm sorry I don't have a better solution for you.