[MlMt] MmSMTPUTF8Enabled

Sun Feb 21 08:59:54 EST 2016

On 21 Feb 2016, at 14:42, Patrik Fältström wrote:

> This is big!

Well, it turns out that email client developers are probably the ones
with the least amount of work to do.

(I was contacted by ISOC people and after fixing a bug in my handling of
internationalized domain names I decided to also give SMTPUTF8 a go.)

> Patrik -- one of the creators of the IDN standard and strong supporter
> of SMTPUTF8

I actually gave up on making it work on my own server (Ubuntu 14.04),
but someone at ISOC provided me with a test IMAP/SMTP account. Sending
works now (Postfix 3.x), but I'm still not receiving messages on the
IMAP account (not sure why). It seems to me there is still a long way to
go before this will work in general...

As an email client developer I really do love being able to send those
raw UTF8 headers :-)