[MlMt] Rule Condition to Limit to a Source Mailbox

Gary Hull YH82d7dfU at yandex.com
Fri Feb 19 19:54:31 EST 2016

On 19 Feb 2016, at 13:24, Fredrik Jonsson wrote:

> Gary Hull 2016-02-19 12:52 wrote:
>
>> there are two cases that I'd like to automate with a rule to mark
>> them as seen:
>>
>> 1. Stuff that I've glanced at for a fraction of a second and then
>> clicked the Archive button. The time viewed is not sufficient to mark
>> them as Seen
>>
>> 2. Junk mail marked as junk by one of the mail providers I use, but
>> which SpamSieve hasn't marked as junk.
>
> I have a rule attached to the "Junk" folder that sets the tag "Seen"
> on all mail that comes in to Junk. You can do this on the "Archive"
> folder as well of course.

O.K., I tried this on the Archive folder.

In looking closer at the junk problem I realize that my problem is that
Runbox creates a Spam folder and MailMate/SpamSieve use a Junk folder,
so all Runbox accounts have two folders for spam, and the default Junk
folder doesn't pick up Runboxes Spam folders. Runbox must not be marking
these mails with whatever spam header that MailMate is looking at.
Looking at the Edit Mailbox dialog for Junk I don't see any conditions,
so I'm assuming that Junk is hardwired somehow. If I knew what the
problem was, I could contact Runbox and maybe get a fix from their end.

For now I went to all the Runbox Spam folders and set a rule to mark as
seen.