[MlMt] Suppressing notifications

Comic Sans comic.sans at gmx.com
Tue Feb 9 12:47:37 EST 2016

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to suppress notifications for some of the new
messages in my inbox.

I don't necessarily want to delete these messages, move them or mute
them (I do find muting partially useful here, but it works only for
threads). I want these messages in the inbox, unread, I just don't want
to receive notifications about them.

This is mostly about some automated notifications that I do want to
read, but that are not urgent and in fact break my flow while working. I
understand how counters and notifications work, but using that scheme
would mean I would need to define a set of messages that I do want to be
notified about, while it should be much easier to do the opposite.

It seems like something that would ideally be done through rules, but
I'm not sure it's possible.

Thanks for any help,
Mike