[MlMt] What takes time at startup?

Helen Holzgrafe helen at holzgrafe.com
Sat Feb 6 13:43:11 EST 2016

Hi,

Also, if you have Apple's "Activity Monitor" (inside the
Applications/Utility folder) running when you start up Mailmate, you can
directly see that Mailmate is using 100% of your computer's available
CPU cycles during its startup.

That's why a Mailmate Startup window that shows some form of progress
bar, the name of each folder as it is being processed, or "25 of 300
Smart Folders verified" or some other indicator gives the user faith
that MailMate is actually doing something and not hanging. This window
also gives some clue as to how long until MailMate is done with start
up.

-Helen