[MlMt] How to put the cursor at the bottom of the original email when replying / forwarding?

Muster Hans muster at sture.ch
Mon Feb 1 13:17:17 EST 2016

On 1 Feb 2016, at 19:05, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:

> Hi!
>

> On 1 Feb 2016, at 17:53, Muster Hans wrote:
>
>> New with BBEdit 11.5, which has just arrived today:
>>
>> http://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/current_notes.html
>>
>> ----
>> When piping data into the bbedit tool, you can now add a line number
>> specifier, and the and the insertion point will be placed at the
>> start of the indicated line in the resulting document. For example:
>>
>> ls -la | bbedit +5
>> ----
>>
>> I've just tested this and it puts the cursor at the beginning of line
>> 5, without selecting it.
>
> Yep, I saw this too, **BUT** I cannot find an alternative to put the
> cursor at the bottom of the file.

Hmm.

ls -la | wc -l
      404
ls -la | bbedit +9999

puts the cursor on the last line of the file, a blank line in this
example.

Let's try a file which ends in a full line, but without <LF> at the end:

bbedit +9999999 x.py # puts the cursor at the end of the last line.

FWIW, I've been using TextWrangler in a similar way for newsgroup posts,
called by slrn.  What I find there is that I want the cursor positioned
at the beginning of the post body, so that I can start at the beginning
and strip out unwanted quoted text, just leaving the relevant quoted
text
plus my reply (possibly interleaved where answering more than one
point).

Yes TW does select the entire line, but that's not a problem when I'm
using the cursor keys to move down through the text before typing any
text.