[MlMt] How to set default "from" account?

Wed Dec 28 15:51:31 EST 2016

On 28 Dec 2016, at 21:00, Dave C wrote:

> I’ve got several individual accounts at different mail service
> providers. My goal is to avoid clicking Send without first selecting
> the correct From account.
>
> In M|M I set up a bogus account (at a non-existent domain, and not
> enabled in M|M) and I’d like to make this the default so as to force
> me to choose before sending.
>
> Is this possible?

There's a setting for the default account for new messages in the
Composer preferences pane. But note that this is ignored if MailMate
finds the entered recipient in existing sent messages. In that case the
account is switched to the one used the last time when writing to that
recipient.

> Or suggest an alternative method you are using?

There's no setting to help force the user to check the sending account
before sending.