[MlMt] More questions

Thu Dec 22 07:23:15 EST 2016

On 19 Dec 2016, at 16:11, Robert M. Münch wrote:

> 1. It looks like the sorting order is not retained. I use "newest on
> top" but MM switches back to "newest at bottom" if I open a different
> smartbox. I think I have changed the sorting order there too. Is there
> a way to change the default sorting order?

Setup your preferred settings, e.g., in the Inbox and then use “View
▸ Headers ▸ Use as Default Columns”. You might want to reset
everything first using this Terminal command:

	defaults delete com.freron.MailMate MmMailboxRelatedStates

As I've noted before on the list I really need to redesign how mailbox
states are saved, but this is still work in progress.

> 2. The selected columns to show are not retained as well. I selected
> the ones I want to show, defined these as standard and applied it to
> some smartboxes. But after returning only the "older" default ones are
> shown. In the right click menu for columns, the "revert to default" is
> disabled.

When that is disabled then it should be because the current set of
columns matches the default set. Try the above first, but I'm not ruling
out bugs in the code handling this (there are known issues which is the
main reason for the desire to redesign).

> 3. Is there a way to apply smart inbox rules in real-time. So, when
> marking a message as read that it won't show up any longer in my
> "unread" smartbox?

This is default behavior except that it's intensionally disabled to get
the current behavior of the Unread mailbox. You can disable it like
this:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmStickyMessagesEnabled -bool NO