[MlMt] Triggering markdown with 'complimentary close' above signature

Charlie Garrison charlie-lists at garrison.com.au
Wed Dec 14 15:39:36 EST 2016

On 15 Dec 2016, at 7:25, Verdon Vaillancourt wrote:

> … my email auto-formats the closing line as something big and bold,
> and I now have a formatted email instead of a simple plain text, which
> is completely unnecessary in most cases.
>
> Is there some preference I am missing that will stop that behaviour?

It’s the Markdown header formatting. Put a blank line between the
dashes and the signature content.

Feature request: Give special treatment to the signature marker so
it’s not interpreted as Markdown formatting.

Charlie

PS. Note the blank line in my sig; the markdown formatting breaks
without that blank line.

--

     Charlie Garrison                   <charlie at garrison.com.au>
     Garrison Computer Services      <http://www.garrison.com.au>