[MlMt] Triggering markdown with 'complimentary close' above signature

Verdon Vaillancourt verdonv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 15:25:01 EST 2016

Hi,

Apologies if this is covered in the help, and I am missing it.

I prefer email I am sending to be in plain text whenever possible.
Occasionally formatted text is needed, so I have not completely disabled
html or markdown. By default, all mail I am composing starts as plain
txt. In the case where a signature is being added, and the signature is
like the following, staring with two dashes…

--
Verdon Vaillancourt

… as soon as I add a closing line above the signature, e.g..

Best regards,

… my email auto-formats the closing line as something big and bold,
and I now have a formatted email instead of a simple plain text, which
is completely unnecessary in most cases.

Is there some preference I am missing that will stop that behaviour?

Best wishes,
verdon